Meditation for Mastery

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spirituality Won't Stop Bad Things From Happening

Bits O' Wisdom

I recently watched the movie, "The Constant Gardner". In this movie, the horrors of life in Africa are enacted in vivid detail.

After the movie ended I cried bitterly and deeply. I felt an aching in my heart as deep as anything I have ever felt. I poured out streams of bitterness over being presented with the raw realities of man's inhumanity to man. I was sickened and a feeling of hopelessness rose up in me.

Since then, I have had this feeling of hopelessness appear when I think about putting my meditation work out to the world. I feel so impotent and weak against the tide of violence so prevalent among men.

But . . . after the third time of feeling this despair, I decided that this low, depressed line of thinking didn't feel very good. I took out the tool of meditation to access my own emotional energy. I was able to remove the feeling of despair with the skills I have learned.

After lifting the oppression of this energy off of myself, I was open to different thoughts. And this is the realization that I came to:

Even though there is a steady stream of violence, war, crime, and trauma to innocent people in this world, along side of this hell is heaven.

In this heaven there is love, joy, vitality, compassion, forgiveness, friendship, loyalty, honesty, justice, and peace.

Heaven and hell co-exist side by side in this world. The question is . . .

WHAT AM I CREATING IN MY LIFE?
WHAT AM I CONTRIBUTING TO THE WORLD?

No matter how desperate things may seem, we are always creating. It is our job to create consciously and either contribute to the problem or contribute to the solution.

When I first began to be in contact with my spiritual guides, they passed on this bit of wisdom: "You never know how your actions, thoughts, and emotions are affecting those around you. You will never know. But you have an effect. So choose your thoughts, emotions, and actions wisely. You never know who you are going to affect."

With this in mind, I choose to stay focused on what I am creating in the world. I can either contribute to the hopelessness and the trauma or I can consciously create heaven on earth by contributing to the love, compassion, and honesty in the world.

Being spiritual, living a spiritual life, and being on a spiritual path will NOT prevent bad things from happening. But it will give you the strength and the will to make good and blessed things happen.

By being on the spiritual path, you can create heaven on earth and add to the accumulation of good in this world.

Wendy C. Williams
Meditation for Mastery.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home